Zero-Emissions Energy Program
Your organization can purchase energy from a block of power delivering zero carbon emissions. This Zero-Emissions Energy Program is available to large consumers of electricity to reduce electric supply costs and help offset a portion of participants’ carbon footprint. The zero-emissions block of power will be sourced from a nuclear generation asset. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, nuclear is the second largest source of low-carbon electricity in the world and produces more of it on less land than any other clean energy source.
How it works
|Your company along with other large energy consumers come together to purchase a long-term block of energy at a price below normal market rates.
Any additional supply needs outside of the program can be actively managed to meet budget and sustainability objectives.
What is a block of energy?
A block of energy is a consistent volume of power meeting minimum base-load demand. The balance of energy above the Zero-Emissions block can be hedged in the market with traditional power.
- Carbon-free RECs can be included in the hedges above the Zero-Emissions block
- 60 months from the prompt month are available for hedging
Choose your program
You can select the Zero-Emissions Energy Program that is right for you.
The program is offered in two different forms:
Energy Procurement Advisory
- Execute Energy Buying Service Agreement
- Usource becomes your exclusive energy consultant responsible for procuring 100% of your electricity needs.
- Usource deploys managed approach to actively hedge your requirements above the block to meet your budget and sustainability goals.
Limited Zero-Emissions Program
- Execute Letter of Understanding for designated accounts
- You can continue to use your existing energy broker and / or consultant.
- The energy source will be a nuclear station with a Zero-Emissions Block.
Why choose Usource?
Usource is part of the NextEra Energy family of companies, the world’s largest producer of wind and solar energy. As part of NextEra Energy, Usource is uniquely positioned to analyze, facilitate, and execute your renewable energy project and ensure it is a cohesive fit with your overall energy strategy. With deep industry knowledge and a vast network of providers, our energy advisors will help you find the ideal energy solution.