Offsite Solar Energy
Offsite Solar Energy for Business
When onsite solar is not ideal for your property, offsite solar energy may be the ideal solution. Your organization can reduce electricity costs and meet sustainability goals with solar energy – even if onsite installation does not work due to the physical space available, building and land ownership restrictions, or financial constraints. Unlike onsite solar, having panels installed on your building or property, offsite solar is a large-scale commercial solar installation located in your region, but not on your property.
Usource’s parent company, NextEra Energy, Inc., is the world’s largest producer of wind and solar energy. As part of NextEra Energy, Usource is uniquely positioned to analyze, facilitate, and execute your renewable energy project to ensure it is a cohesive fit with your organization’s overall energy strategy.
Offsite solar projects are generally structured one of two ways:
- The power generated from the solar panels is directly fed into your facility to offset your electricity consumption from the grid.
- The power is fed into the grid and your business receives a utility bill credit for the power generated.
Benefits of Offsite Solar
- Free of building/land restrictions: The size and design of the solar array can be custom-made to best suit your organization’s needs, rather than limited by your existing site’s specifications and challenges.
- Utility credits for multiple sites: Unlike onsite solar where just that location benefits from the solar generation or bill credits, offsite solar can yield savings benefits for multiple locations within the region.
Offsite Solar Services
- Energy strategy consulting: We work with you to understand your goals and objectives to help determine if offsite solar should be incorporated into your energy strategy.
- Feasibility assessment: We assess the feasibility of each solar energy option available and provide recommendations on which option will best achieve your desired results.
- Vendor selection: We will create a Request for Proposal (RFP) then review and select installers based on the RFP project specifications.
- Site evaluation: A full evaluation of location conditions will be conducted to determine optimal solar panel placement.
- Construction and design: In conjunction with the selected vendor, we will work with you on the design, layout and materials/equipment used for your solar energy project.
- Solar impact analysis: We will provide an Impact Analysis Report comparing past usage to future state with your new solar energy system.
- Cash flow analysis: We will provide a Cash Flow Analysis report showing the impact of solar energy on your organization’s bottom line.
Usource will help you customize the ideal commercial solar solution for your business. How does it work? Click here to download the Usource Commercial Solar Info. Sheet now.