Reduce emissions, meet compliance requirements, support your sustainability goals, and demonstrate environmental leadership.
For more and more companies, a comprehensive energy strategy includes renewable energy options. Renewables help companies operate more sustainable and save money by using energy more efficiently.
Renewable Energy Credits (RECs)
Renewable energy credits, or RECs, are how renewable power is purchased and managed in North America. RECs convey the environmental attributes of electricity generated by renewable facilities to the purchaser. Certain wind, solar, geothermal, low-impact hydro, and biomass facilities qualify as renewable energy. If you own RECs corresponding to the amount of power you use, you know that your power was generated at a renewable facility and delivered to the power grid.
When you purchase RECs for your business, you reduce the environmental impact of your electricity. Your commitment supports renewable power generation in North America and helps create more demand for clean energy. Usource’s RECs are third-party verified by Green-e® Energy.
Talk to your Usource advisor about additional benefits of RECs.
Solar energy can help businesses reduce their electricity costs and meet their sustainability goals. Usource, along with best-in-class partners, offers solar electricity generation systems with multiple purchase solutions, including a zero-capital Power Purchase Agreement (PPA).
- PPAs provide electricity at a lower cost than current electricity rates, as well as future price certainty for up to 20 years. The PPA allows the solar equipment to be installed at no cost to you, and you’re not responsible for installation and maintenance. Solar equipment can be installed on a building roof, land, parking lots, and canopies—typically, on any available space that you own.
- We provide a no-obligation project feasibility assessment.
- We provide the design/build and will obtain all necessary permits, inspections, and required utility interconnection agreements.
- Incentives will be highest for early adopters and will decrease over time.
- There are additional federal tax incentives. We assure all available incentives are applied.
To find out if your business is a good candidate for solar, talk with a Usource advisor today.
Read our Solar blog post